The Agriculture Research Service (ARS) is USDA's principal in-house research agency. ARS leads America towards a better future through agricultural research and information.
- National Research
- International Research
- Research Partnerships and Technology
- Research Locations
- National Agricultural Library
The Economic Research Service (ERS) is USDA's principal social science research agency. Each year, ERS communicates research results and socioeconomic indicators via briefings, analyses for policymakers and their staffs, market analysis updates, and major reports.
- Food and Nutrition Assistance
- Food Safety
- Farm Income and Costs
- Food Markets, Prices, and Consumption
- Natural Resources, Environment, and Conservation
- Agricultural Markets and Trade
- Rural Communities and Development
- Farm Economy
- Farm Economy & Population
- Agricultural R&D and Productivity
- Amber Waves Magazine
- State Fact Sheets
- Commodity Outlook Reports
The National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) serves the basic agricultural and rural data needs of the country by providing objective, important and accurate statistical information and services to farmers, ranchers, agribusinesses and public officials. This data is vital to monitoring the ever-changing agricultural sector and carrying out farm policy.
- Today's Reports
- Quick Stats - Query Database by Commodity, State, and Year
- Census of Agriculture
- Crop Weather by State
- Agricultural Charts and Maps
- Agricultural Statistics Book by Year
- Reports by Commodity
- Calendar of NASS Reports
formerly Cooperative State Research, Education and Extension Service (CSREES)
In partnership with land-grant universities, and other public and private organizations, the National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) provides the focus to advance a global system of extramural research, extension, and higher education in the food and agricultural sciences.