- Office of the Chief Scientist (OCS)
- Agricultural Research Service
- Economic Research Service
- National Agricultural Library
- National Agricultural Statistics Service
- National Arboretum
- National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- National Agricultural Research, Extension, Education, and Economics Advisory Board
Agencies and OfficesAgricultural Research Service (ARS)
ARS is USDA's principal in-house research agency. ARS leads America towards a better future through agricultural research and information.
Economic Research Service (ERS)
ERS is USDA's principal social science research agency. Each year, ERS communicates research results and socioeconomic indicators via briefings, analyses for policymakers and their staffs, market analysis updates, andmajor reports.
- Food and Nutrition Assistance
- Food Safety
- Farm Income and Costs
- Food Markets, Prices, and Consumption
- Natural Resources, Environment, and Conservation
- Agricultural Markets and Trade
- Rural Communities and Development
- Farm Policy, Farm Households, and the Rural Economy
- Agricultural R&D and Productivity
- Amber Waves Magazine
- State Fact Sheets
- Commodity Outlook Reports
National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS)
NASS serves the basic agricultural and rural data needs of the country by providing objective, important and accurate statistical information and services to farmers, ranchers, agribusinesses and public officials. This data is vital to monitoring the ever-changing agricultural sector and carrying out farm policy.
National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA)
formerly Cooperative State Research, Education and Extension Service (CSREES)
In partnership with land-grant universities, and other public and private organizations, NIFA provides the focus to advance a global system of extramural research, extension, and higher education in the food and agricultural sciences.